Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume I, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, is part of the Barnes & Noble Classics series, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Here are some of the remarkable features of Barnes & Noble Classics: New introductions commissioned from today's top writers and scholars Biographies of the authors Chrologies of contemporary historical, biographical, and cultural events Foottes and endtes Selective discussions of imitations, parodies, poems, books, plays, paintings, operas, statuary, and films inspired by the work Comments by other famous authors Study questions to challenge the reader's viewpoints and expectations Bibliographies for further reading Indices & Glossaries, when appropriateAll editions are beautifully designed and are printed to superior specifications; some include illustrations of historical interest. Barnes & Noble Classics pulls together a constellation of influences-biographical, historical, and literary-to enrich each reader's understanding of these enduring works. The Complete Sherlock Holmes comprises four vels and fifty-six short stories revolving around the world's most popular and influential fictional detective-the eccentric, arrogant, and ingenious Sherlock Holmes. He and his trusted friend, Dr. Watson, step from Holmes's comfortable quarters at 221b Baker Street into the swirling fog of Victorian London to exercise that unique combination of detailed observation, vast kwledge, and brilliant deduction. Inevitably, Holmes rescues the incent, confounds the guilty, and solves themost perplexing puzzles kwn to literature. Volume I of The Complete Sherlock Holmes starts with Holmes's first appearance, A Study in Scarlet, a chilling murder vel complete with bloodstained walls and cryptic clues, followed by the baffling The Sign of Four, which introduces Holmes's cocaine problem and Watson's future wife. The story collections The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes feature such rewned tales as A Scandal in Bohemia, The Red-Headed League, and The Musgrave Ritual. Tired of writing stories about Holmes, his creator, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, killed him off at the end of The Final Problem, the last tale in The Memoirs, But the public outcry was so great that eight years later he published the masterful The Hound of the Baskervilles, which supposedly takes place before Holmes's death. The separate Volume II of The Complete Sherlock Holmes collects the remaining accounts of Holmes's exploits, including The Adventure of the Empty House, which reveals the elaborate circumstances behind Holmes's literary resurrection. Kyle Freeman, a Sherlock Holmes enthusiast for many years, earned two graduate degrees in English literature from Columbia University, where his major was twentieth-century British literature.
- Author(s)Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- PublisherFine Communications,US
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFine Communications,US
- Out-of-print date16/09/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight939 g
- Width161 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine57 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kyle Freeman
- Introduction byKyle Freeman
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.41
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.01
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.