All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains all of Kafka's shorter fiction, from fragments, parables and sketches to longer tales. Together they reveal the breadth of Kafka's literary vision and the extraordinary imaginative depth of his thought. Some are well-kwn, others are mere jottings, observations of daily life, given artistic form through Kafka's unique perception of the world.
- Author BiographyFranz Kafka (1883-1924) was born into a Jewish family in Prague. In 1906 he received a doctorate in jurisprudence, and for many years he worked a tedious job as a civil service lawyer investigating claims at the state Worker's Accident Insurance Institute. He never married, and published only a few slim volumes of stories during his lifetime. Meditation, a collection of sketches, appeared in 1912; The Stoker: A Fragment in 1913; The Metamorphosis in 1915; The Judgement in 1916; In the Penal Colony in 1919; and A Country Doctor in 1920. The great novels were not published until after his death from tuberculosis: America, The Trial, and The Castle.
- Author(s)Franz Kafka
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/1992
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVintage Classics
- Weight373 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.