All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese sixty satirical, rollicking, uproarious tales by the greatest yarn-spinner in our literary history are as fresh and vivid as ever more than a century after their author s death.Mark Twain s famous vels Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn have long been hailed as major achievements, but the father of American literature also made his mark as a master of the humorous short story. All the tales he wrote over the course of his lengthy career are gathered here, including such immortal classics as The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County, The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg, The Diary of Adam and Eve, and The $30,000 Bequest. Twain s inimitable wit, his nimble plotting, and his unerring insight into human nature are on full display in these wonderfully entertaining stories.
- Author BiographyMARK TWAIN was born in Missouri in 1835 and died in Connecticut in 1910.
- Author(s)Mark Twain
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleEveryman's Library
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Weight762 g
- Width129 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Introduction byAdam Gopnik
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.19
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.