All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the ultimate how-to reference book of culinary techniques shown in over 1550 photographs and with 500 classic recipes. It helps you find out how to do every conceivable kitchen task, from boning fish, spatchcocking a chicken and roasting meat correctly to making sauces, creating perfect pastry, and icing a cake. It includes over 500 recipes for every occasion, with easy-to-follow instructions and pictures to make everything simple. There are recipes for every part of a meal, from mouth-watering soups, snacks and appetizers to sophisticated main course dishes and elegant desserts. It provides over 1900 photographs illustrate in clear, step-by-step sequences all the basic skills and culinary techniques you will ever need. It includes advice on useful kitchen equipment, plus all the essential store-cupboard techniques. Aimed at all those who wish to extend their kitchen skills and culinary repertoire, this book offers the practical kw-how and mouth-watering inspiration to enable you to cook with complete confidence. Here you will find everything you need to kw about selecting, preparing and cooking your best-loved dishes. Divided into two main sections, this book starts with a comprehensive, fully illustrated guide to all the classic techniques, from how to roast meat and fillet fish to how to make a refreshingly smooth sorbet. The second part offers a superb collection of over 500 recipes, from soups and appetizers right through to lavish cakes and bakes. Step-by-step photographs guide you through every stage of preparation, so whether you want to look up a classic dish or need reassurance when trying out a new recipe you are guaranteed successful results.
- Author BiographyCarole Clements is a very experienced and highly regarded author, food expert, cooking editor and recipe and home-economy consultant. She lived in France for seven years, working in the food profession, and was awarded the Grande Diplome Culinaire from Ecole de Cuisine La Varenne in Paris. She also studied with and assisted Simone Beck and Roger Verge in their French cooking schools. She has translated and adapted for the home kitchen the recipes of several Michelin-starred chefs. Carole Clements's published works include A Flavour of Normandy (Chartwell); American Tradition (Hamlyn); and French Food & Cooking (Lorenz Books).
- Author(s)Carole Clements
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 1900 colour photographs
- Weight1270 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.07New
- AU $14.68New
- AU $23.73New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.33
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $38.78
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $36.08
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $44.34Trending at AU $44.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.