All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdited by the late Philip L. Barbour, ackwledged as the leading authority on Captain John Smith, this antated three-volume work is the only modern edition of the works of the legendary figure who captured the interest of scholars and general readers for over four centuries. A hero and adventurer, Smith was the leader who saved Jamestown from self-destruction, and he was also instrumental in the exploration and settlement of New England. He produced one of the basic ethlogical studies of the tide-water Algonkians, an invaluable contemporary history of early Virginia, the earliest well-defined maps of Chesapeake Bay and the New England coast, and the first printed dictionary of English nautical terms. This is Volume II of three volumes. A UNC Press Enduring Edition -- UNC Press Enduring Editions use the latest in digital techlogy to make available again books from our distinguished backlist that were previously out of print. These editions are published unaltered from the original, and are presented in affordable paperback formats, bringing readers both historical and cultural value.
- Author BiographyThe late Philip L. Barbour was a specialist in American Indian linguistics and English expansion of the seventeenth century. He is the author of The Three Worlds of Captain John Smith and the editor of The Jamestown Voyages.
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitlePublished for the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture, Williamsburg, Virginia
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byPhilip L. Barbour
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.