All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMark Kan, one of the UK's leading yoga teachers, demonstrates how this ancient practice will show you the way to radiant health, mind control and peace within one's self and with nature. This practical guide takes you through the practices of asana (postures), pranayama (breathing exercises), shatkarma (cleansing techniques), mudra (seals), bandha (locks) and meditation, as they were originally conceived. It Explains the true purpose of yoga: to purify and prepare the body for the mastery of the mind and help you understand the nature of the self, through the awakening of the vital energies: the pranas, the chakras and Kundalini shakti.
- Author BiographyMark Kan is one of the UK's leading yoga teachers. Trained in India, New York and London, he is the founder and teacher of Dharma Yoga London, a classical Hatha Raja Yoga system. Mark is the UK's most senior disciple of renowned yogi Sri Dharma Mittra, known as the 'teachers' teacher'. Sri Dharma has initiated many thousands on the path of Yoga, and has been practising and teaching classical Hatha yoga for over 50 years. Mark is a mentor-teacher on the Dharma Yoga teacher training faculty in New York, and- is certified with the Yoga Alliance, the international yoga organization for teacher accreditation, as a Yoga Acharya through the Sivananda Yoga Organisation.
- Author(s)Mark Kan
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication04/11/2013
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGaia Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date01/03/2016
- Content NoteOver 400 colour photographs and artworks
- Weight872 g
- Width194 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.