All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKeith Devlin and Jonathan Borwein, two well-kwn mathematicians with expertise in different mathematical specialties but with a common interest in experimentation in mathematics, have joined forces to create this introduction to experimental mathematics. They cover a variety of topics and examples to give the reader a good sense of the current state of play in the rapidly growing new field of experimental mathematics. The writing is clear and the explanations are enhanced by relevant historical facts and stories of mathematicians and their encounters with the field over time.
- Author BiographyJonathan Borwein received his PhD from Oxford University as a Rhodes Scholar and is a professor of mathematics and computer science at Dalhousie University in Canada. He is the author of seminal works in the growing field of experimental mathematics, including Mathematics by Experiment (9781568814421) and Experimental Mathematics in Action (9781568812717), and more. Keith Devlin is Executive Director and Senior Researcher at the Center for the Study of Language and Information at Stanford University. He is the author of many books and articles that popularize mathematics and is the Math Guy for National Public Radio. He is the author of The Unfinished Game (9780465009107) and The Math Instinct (978-1560258391), among many others.
- Author(s)Jonathan M. Borwein,Keith Devlin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication28/10/2008
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.