All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept that certain objects and persons may be legitimately attacked during armed conflicts has been well recognised and developed through the history of warfare. This book explores the relationship between international law and targeting practice in determining whether an object is a lawful military target. By examining both the interpretation and its post-ratification application this book provides a comprehensive analysis of the definition of military objective adopted in 1977 Additional Protocol I to the four 1949 Geneva Conventions and its use in practice. Tackling topical issues such as the targeting of TV and radio stations or cyber targets, Agnieszka Jachec-Neale analyses the concept of military objective within the context of both modern military doctrine and the major coalition operations which have been undertaken since it was formally defined. This mograph will be of great interest to students and scholars of international law and the law of armed conflict, as well as security studies and international relations.
- Author BiographyAgnieszka Jachec-Neale is an Associate Fellow for Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House), UK. Her research explores legal and doctrinal aspects of targeting and military operational practice, and examines the application of technological advancements in modern warfare. She has over 5 years' experience working with international organisations in south eastern Europe, where specialised in monitoring domestic war crimes trials and in the enforcement of human rights standards in emerging democracies.
- Author(s)Agnieszka Jachec-Neale
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in the Law of Armed Conflict
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.