All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor's Statement: I have been making retreats and visiting Conception Abbey, a Benedictine monastery and seminary in Northwest Missouri, since 1956. It continues to be one of those places on the planet that energizes my spirit and clears my vision. I must extend thanks and gratitude to the good monks of the Abbey whose hospitality has always participated in my urges to return to the place. These poems are spun from those experiences. I am grateful to Winthrop Press for permitting me to revisit and expand this group of poems with others spun from the Abbey's influence since the publication of the second edition.
- Author BiographyFredrick Zydek taught theology at the College of Saint Mary for many years. He is the author of a celebrated biography of Charles Taze Russell, two novels, dozens of religious articles and nine volumes of poetry. His work has appeared in America, Catholic World, Poetry, The Presbyterian Record, Christianity Today, U.S. Catholic, Sojourners and many others. Retired he makes his home in Omaha, Nebraska where he continues to write full time. He is seen here with his dog Abby whom he found at Conception Abbey.
- Author(s)Fredrick Zydek
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.