All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work will provide readers with uniquely systematic coverage of the field of speech and language pathology. Taking as its starting point the highly successful Encyclopedia of Language and Linguistics , the book comprises selected updates from the original work combined with a high proportion of newly commissioned material which together give a comprehensive overview of the state of the art in speech and language pathology. The work is the most up-to-date and detailed reference available in this field. The book addresses all main aspects related to speech and language comprehension and production, both in children and in rmal adults. It also presents in a systematic way disorders of speech and language due to developmental and acquired causes, the most common forms of treatment and their degree of efficacy.
- Author BiographyFranco Fabbro has written five books and more than 130 articles on neurolinguistic and neuropsychological topics. He is Consulting Editor of the Journal of Learning Disabilities and Associate Editor of Interpreting. He recently guest-edited a Special Issue of the Journal of Neurolinguistics (v. 10, no 4) on Subcortical Aphasia. Holding a first degree in Medicine and Surgery and a PhD in Neurology, Fabbro worked from 1985 to 1988 as a grantee researcher in neuropsychology at the Department of Neuropsychiatry at the Children's Research Hospital in Trieste where he studied, in particular, hemispheric specialisation in normal children and in children with dyslexia, developmental dysphasia and acquired aphasia. From 1988 to 1991 he worked as an Assistant Physician at the Department of Neuropsychiatry at the same hospital in Trieste. In February 1991 he became Full Researcher in Human Physiology at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Trieste. Since 1994 he has been professor of Linguistics and Neurolinguistics at the Faculty of Medicine, School of Rehabilitation and holds the post of chief of the Neurolinguist Unit at the Children's Neurological Research Hospital E. Medea in Bosisio-Parini (Lecco, Italy).
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication23/04/1999
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note1
- Weight1120 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byFranco Fabbro
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.