All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionIt is by means clear what comprises the heart or core of algebra, the part of algebra which every algebraist should kw. Hence we feel that a book on our heart might be useful. We have tried to catch this heart in a collection of about 150 short sections, written by leading algebraists in these areas. These sections are organized in 9 chapters A, B, ..., I. Of course, the selection is partly based on personal preferences, and we ask you for your understanding if some selections do t meet your taste (for unkwn reasons, we only had problems in the chapter Groups to get eugh articles in time). We hope that this book sets up a standard of what all algebraists are supposed to kw in their chapters; interested people from other areas should be able to get a quick idea about the area. So the target group consists of anyone interested in algebra, from graduate students to established researchers, including those who want to obtain a quick overview or a better understanding of our selected topics. The prerequisites are something like the contents of standard textbooks on higher algebra. This book should also enable the reader to read the big Handbook (Hazewinkel 1999-) and other handbooks. In case of multiple authors, the authors are listed alphabetically; so their order has thing to do with the amounts of their contributions.
- Author(s)A. V. Mikhalev,G. F. Pilz
- Date of Publication24/03/2013
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note101 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1079 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.