Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe most complete and up-to-date philosophy reference for a new generation, with entries ranging from Abstract Objects to Wisdom, Socrates to Jean-Paul Sartre, Ancient Egyptian Philosophy to Yoruba Epistemology. The Concise Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy includes: * More than 2000 alphabetically arranged, accessible entries * Contributions from more than 1200 of the world's leading thinkers * Comprehensive coverage of the classic philosophical themes, such as Plato, Arguments for the Existence of God and Metaphysics * Up-to-date coverage of contemporary philosophers, ideas, schools and recent developments, including Jacques Derrida, Poststructuralism and Ecological Philosophy * Unrivalled international and multicultural scope with entries such as Modern Islamic Philosophy, Marxist Thought in Latin America and Chinese Buddhist Thought * An exhaustive index for ease of use * Extensive cross-referencing * Suggestions for further reading at the end of each entry Hailed as 'monumental', 'impressive', and 'the most wide-ranging encyclopedia of philosophy ever published in English', the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy set a new standard in the field upon its publication. Winner of numerous awards, including Editor's Choice from Booklist, Outstanding Reference Source from the American Library Association and Best in Reference from Library Journal, the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy is destined to become the definitive reference for generations to come. Now, the extraordinary scholarship of this acclaimed 10-volume work is available in one affordable book.The Concise Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy brings together more than 2000 entries - thematic and biographical - from the original work in a shortened, accessible format. Extensively cross-referenced and indexed so readers can easily find information ranging from Heraclitus to Chinese Marxism to Egyptian cosmology, the Concise Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy provides succinct, expert treatments of philosophies from all over the world, including India, Africa and Latin America, as well as Chinese, Arabic and Jewish philosophy. Medieval philosophy, philosophies of science, gender, postmodernism, and many, many more key concepts are covered by some of the most rewned thinkers of our time, including Kwame Anthony Appiah, Roderick Chisholm, Fred Dretske, Joel Feinberg, Sandra Harding, Martha Nussbaum, Richard Popkin, Richard Rorty, Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak, Stephen Stich, Patrick Suppes and Bernard Williams. A quintessential reference that provides hours of browsing enjoyment as well as a serious guide into the world of philosophy, the Concise Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy will delight armchair philosophers and professionals alike.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/1999
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date19/03/2006
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight1746 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine61 mm
- Edited byEdward Craig
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.