All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe new Concise St. Martin s Guide provides streamlined coverage of the six most commonly assigned genres in first-year composition remembering events, writing profiles, explaining concepts, arguing a position, proposing a solution, and justifying an evaluation. The Concise Guide leads students through the writing process: Guides to Reading equip students to analyze a genre s basic features, and Axelrod and Cooper s distinctive Guides to Writing help students apply their analysis of reading to the development of their own writing projects. With more hands-on activities for critical reading and working with sources, greater emphasis on the rhetorical situation, and a fresh new design to show students the strategies they need at a glance, the Concise Guide helps students accomplish their writing goals from start to finish. Our newest set of online materials, LaunchPad Solo, provides all the key tools and course-specific content that you need to teach your class. Get all our great course-specific materials in one fully customizable space online; then assign and mix our resources with yours. To package LaunchPad Solo free with The Concise St. Martin's Guide to Writing, use ISBN 978-1-319-00686-0.
- Author BiographyRise B. Axelrod is McSweeney Professor of Rhetoric and Teaching Excellence, Emeritus, at the University of California, Riverside, where she was also director of English Composition. She has previously been professor of English at California State University, San Bernardino; director of the College Expository Program at the University of Colorado, Boulder; and assistant director of the Third College (now Thurgood Marshall College)Composition Program at the University of California, San Diego. She is the co-author, with Charles R. Cooper, of the best-selling textbook TheSt. Martin's Guide to Writing as well as The Concise Guide to Writing and Reading Critically, Writing Well.Charles R. Cooper is an emeritus professor at the University of California, San Diego. He served as coordinator of the Third College (now Thurgood Marshall College) Composition Program at the University of California, San Diego, andco-director of the San Diego Writing Project, one of the National Writing Project Centers. He advised the National Assessment of Educational Progress Writing (1973-1981) and coordinated the development of California's first statewide writing assessment (1986-1991). He taught at the University of California, Riverside; the State University of New York at Buffalo; and the University of California, San Diego. He is co-editor, with Lee Odell, of Evaluating Writing and Research on Composing: Points of Departure, and he is co-author, with Rise Axelrod, of the best-selling textbook The St. Martin's Guide to Writing as well as The Concise Guide to Writing and Reading Critically, Writing Well.
- Author(s)University Charles R Cooper,University Rise B Axelrod
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication31/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width163 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement7th annotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.