All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPreface - This single-volume compendium fulfills the demand for a compact version of the widely acclaimed Encyclopedia of Surfactants and contains over 12,000 entries. The surfactant products included have been compiled with. the cooperation of the major national and international surfactant manufacturers. The first section of this reference is a Trademark Dictionary that contains short entries for all tradename surfactants that appear in Volumes I-IV of the Encyclopedia plus all the new surfactant products that have become available since the publication of this set. Each tradename entry is followed by a number in brackets which refers to the manufacturer that is listed in Part III of this encyclopedia. What makes this reference unique and especially useful for anyone doing chemical research is the addition of the Chemical Component-to-Tradename Cross Reference section. This provides the user with the capability of finding tradename surfactant products that contain specific chemical compounds. For example, by locating alphabetically the chemical ammonium lauryl sulfate, the user is able to retrieve a list of all the tradename products that contain that chemical. The user can then refer back to the frrst section for detailed descriptions of the specific tradename products listed here. This section also includes the chemical compound synyms for the surfactant components which are cross referenced in most cases to the alternate chemical names that contain the tradename product listings. Primary chemical component references are made to the CTFA (Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrance Association) adopted names where possible. For many chemical entries the Chemical Abstract Service Registry Numbers (CAS) are given. This number ensures the unique identification of a chemical regardless of its multiplicity of synyms. RD (Recognized Disclosure) reference numbers are included in some cases either in addition to the CAS number or because CAS number has been assigned as yet. The third section presents the names and addresses of the manufacturers of all of the products included in this compendium with their associated tradenames.
- PublisherChemical Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/1989
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChemical Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1168 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.49
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $51.16
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.90
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $28.13
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.78
- AU $30.44Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.41Trending at AU $22.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.