Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionA great American thinker discusses to what extent we control our own destiny, and other central concerns of human life in this collection of essays. Ralph Waldo Emerson was one of the most important writers of 19th Century America, kwn for the broad range of his influences and for the optimism of his philosophy. Trained at Harvard Divinity School, he was nevertheless one of the first western thinkers to be deeply affected by Eastern wisdom, particularly the classic Indian spiritual text, the Bhagavad Gita. As the founder of Transcendentalism, the first truly American literary movement, he influenced such major figures as Henry David Thoreau and Walt Whitman. The Conduct of Life is one of Emerson's most personal works from his mature years.
- Author(s)Ralph Waldo Emerson
- PublisherAkasha Classics
- Date of Publication12/09/2008
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAkasha Classics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.