All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionSARAH TAZEWELL, A CEREBRAL, highly intuitive woman, knew from an early age that she was psychic. She and her husband David buy a church confessional from a revator and convert it into a phone booth for their Queen Anne Victorian. Then Sarah hears jumbled voices the first time she uses the phone and senses a presence in the confessional. Before long, the voices become only one: that of a murderer that rapes and strangles his victims. Though consumed with fear and anxiety, Sarah refuses to be a victim and sets out on a journey to learn more about the confessional. Sarah's antagonist is a brilliant, charismatic sexual psychopath who conforms to his own rigid ritual; a ritual of murder and confession. The confessional in the 100-year-old church where he confesses is an integral part of the ritual. Before confessing, he carves the initials of his victims into the confessional wall. His confessions bring him release to begin the ritual once again. When he comes to confess after ather murder, he finds his confessional gone and begins a frantic search to find it. What might the result of Sarah's and his searches?
- Author BiographyReiny Pierson's article, The Influence of Brain Hemisphericity on the Composing Process of Twelfth Graders, was published in the Tapestry of Knowledge, a collection of teacher writings for which she received an award for Excellence in Research from the Virginia Beach City Public schools. In addition, her poem, The Gift, was published in Virginia Writing, Longwood University. She was the editor for a collection of teacher writings published by The Tidewater Virginia Writing Project, Old Dominion University. She received her B.A. in English, her M.A. in Humanities and her Ph.D. in English Education. She taught Twelfth Grade Honors English at First Colonial High School in Virginia Beach where she also established and coordinated the Legal Academy. She is the recipient of the Virginia Technology Teacher of the Year award from IBM and Technology and Learning Magazine. She is currently writing Night and Fog, a historical novel on the Norwegian Resistance Movement during WWII and a second psychological thriller, These Hands. She is married, has three children and eight grandchildren.
- Author(s)Reiny Pierson
- PublisherKoehler Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleBeach Murder Mysteries
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKoehler Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.