All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Confessions and Diaries of a New York Veteran of the Stonewall Inn Raid of June 28, 1969 is a true story which chronicles the life of one of the oldest survival of the historic raid and riots at this Gay Dancing Bar Forty-two years ago. This was the beginning of the Gay Rights Movement, and the Gay Revolution when Gays resisted Police arrests and assaults. A year later, Gay Demonstrators celebrated the anniversary of the riots with the first Gay Pride March by, openly, walking from Greenwich Village to the Sheep Meadows in Central Park. The founders of the Gay Liberation Front and the LGBT Communities united to sponsored a Gay Rights Parade annually in June to commemorate this momentous event. This was the first instance in American History when people in the homosexual community fought back against a governmental system that persecuted the Gay mirities, who have since become the defining force behind this event and, who is credited for the beginning of the Gay Uprising and Revolution in the United States and around the World.
- Author BiographyThe Author lived in New York's Greenwich Village during the Era of the Village People, the Flower Children, the Vietnam War, and the Original Woodstock Music Festival. Peter, Paul, and Mary, along with Jimmy Hendrix and Janice Joplin were Superstars, but the most notable event of all was the Stonewall Inn Raid of June 28, 1969 when he was an anonymous member and participant in the Stonewall Raid. At the age of seventy, he is one of its oldest survivals. Time Magazine asserted the Stonewall Inn Raid to be one of the ten most influential events of 21st century. The Author was born nine months before the bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1941. He attended C.U.N.Y., and he holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Washington State University in Social Science.
- Author(s)MR Scott G Brown,Scott G Brown
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.