All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe need more women at the highest levels in business, government, and nprofits-and there is time to waste. The problem, says Helene Lerner, isn't so much that women lack confidence but that they misunderstand what confidence really is. True confidence isn't fearlessness; it's having the courage to move forward while your knees are shaking. Any woman waiting until she has eugh confidence with a capital C to act never will. Lerner lays out practical strategies for beating this confidence myth, drawing on her own and other female leaders' experiences and on her survey of over 500 working women. You'll learn how to present your best self matter how you feel inside, welcome even brutal feedback as a tool to hone your skills, avoid spreading yourself too thin by saying strategically, and much more. The book features dozens of Confidence Sparks, simple but powerful exercises and techniques to catapult your career to the next level. The playing field is t level and gender inequities persist, but the women interviewed in this book have found ways to navigate through it, and you can, too. The key to success is seizing the opportunity and acting w. Helene Lerner is here to act as your personal coach as you silence the mad mind chatter and take risks, speak out, and step up.
- Author BiographyHelene Lerner is the CEO of Creative Expansions Inc. and the founder of WomenWorking.com. She is also an Emmy-winning executive producer, an independent public television host, a Fortune 500 workplace consultant, and the author of twelve books. Lerner has produced more than twenty televised specials and received American Public Television's MVP Award for her outstanding contributions to public television.
- Author(s)Helene Lerner
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight286 g
- Width56 mm
- Height86 mm
- Spine3 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.