All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTake an intimate look at six techlogy-using high schools and gain useful insight regarding how computer and Internet techlogy can best support teaching and learning. The Connected School offers school administrators, leaders, and teachers a behind-the-scenes look at what happens when a school becomes connected, t just in terms of computers and networking but in terms of teacher collaboration and support as well. Based on the real life experiences of six connected schools, the authors make a compelling case for the appropriate use of techlogy and show how it can greatly enhance students' learning experiences and further their educational goals, even in challenging urban settings.
- Author BiographyBarbara Means is directs of the Center for Technology in Learning at SRI International, an independent nonprofit research organization based in Menlo Park, California. She also codirects the assessment research team of the Center for Innovation Learning Technologies, a center funded by the National Science Foundation. William R. Penuel is a senior educational researcher at the Center for Technology in Learning at SRI International.Christine Padilla is assistant director of SRI's Center for Education Policy.
- Author(s)Barbara Means,Christine Padilla,William R. Penuel
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/07/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width156 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.