Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 3 Jan
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs legend has it, a young prince, Alexander, once subdued a wild stallion others couldn't control. Impressed by the youngster's bravery, his father, King Philip of Macedonia, predicted that Alexander would need to find a kingdom big eugh for his ambitions. And when Alexander became king, that's exactly what he did. Alexander and his well-trained armies first gained the support of the Greek city states. Then in the mid-300s B.C., he conquered Egypt and the Persian Empire. With his brilliant military tactics, Alexander took over lands including modern-day Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and rthern India. Although he lived only thirty-three years, Alexander and his armies spread Greek culture and customs to these conquered lands, joining Western and Eastern ideas to produce a new culture called Hellenism, which influenced the ancient world for centuries to come.
- Author(s)Alison Behnke
- PublisherLerner Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitlePivotal Moments in History
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLerner Books
- Out-of-print date18/08/2010
- Content Notecolour and black & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width163 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.