All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA positive, mindful plan for the whole family! If your child has been given a diagsis of Asperger's syndrome, you may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. With The Conscious Parent's Guide to Asperger's Syndrome, you will learn how to take a relationship-centered approach to parenting that engages your child and ensures that he succeeds behaviorally, socially, and cognitively. Conscious parenting is about being present with your child and taking the time to understand how to help him flourish. By practicing this mindful method, you can support your child emotionally and help nurture his development. This easy-to-use guide helps you to: * Hor your child's unique perspective and cognitive strengths* Adapt a conscious parenting philosophy that works for everyone* Identify triggers that can lead to sensory overload* Lower stress levels for the entire family, including other siblings* Keep open communication with your child and help him foster good relationships* Embrace your child's passions and help him grow in practical ways* Educate your family and friends about Asperger's* Advocate for your child at schoolWith The Conscious Parent's Guide to Asperger's Syndrome, you'll learn to create a calm and mindful atmosphere for the whole family, while helping your child succeed and thrive.
- Author BiographyWilliam Stillman is the award-winning author of many special-needs parenting books including The Autism Answer Book and The Everything Parent's Guide to Asperger's Syndrome, 2nd Edition. He is one of the autism authorities at Sharecare.com, an online health and wellness platform created by Dr. Oz, HARPO Productions, and Discovery Communications. Bill presents autism workshops and consultant services for parents and special education professionals across the country and is a nationally acclaimed speaker on Asperger's Syndrome. His books have been featured on The Glenn Beck Show and the NBC-TV hit Parenthood. An adult with Asperger's Syndrome, Bill lives in Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)William Stillman
- PublisherAdams Media Corporation
- Date of Publication11/12/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleThe Conscious Parent's Guides
- Place of PublicationHolbrook, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdams Media Corporation
- Weight307 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.