All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this important new work, Martin Halliwell focuses on the tensions between the two dimensions of Reinhold Niebuhr's thought: his political role as a radical social critic and his conservative and largely private belief in the values of neo-orthodox Christianity. In order to better examine Niebuhr's philosophy, Halliwell positions him in a series of debates on political, religious, ethical, and cultural themes with other eminent intellectuals. In doing so, Halliwell reassesses the important contributions that Reinhold Niebuhr made to twentieth century American culture.
- Author BiographyMartin Halliwell is professor of American studies at the University of Leicester. He is the author of four previous books: Romantic Science and the Experience of Self, Modernism and Morality, Critical Humanisms, and Images of Idiocy.
- Author(s)Martin Halliwell
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/10/2005
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleAmerican Intellectual Culture
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight490 g
- Width186 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.