Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.84Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJake Dillon, in his inaugural adventure thriller, is brought into the headquarters of Ferran & Cardini under the pretense of investigating a Cabinet Minister's sunken cruiser and its compromising cargo. At the bottom of the English Channel, t far from Sandbanks, Jake and his team find more than they bargained for! Entwined within the brief of keeping the Cabinet Minster's reputation intact is a dangerous operation to pass off a deal with the Sicilian Mafia. Jake puts his life on the line once again to go beyond the call of duty to protect more than just a minister's public image! While based in Sandbanks Jake's investigations bring him face to face with a generation of hate-fuelled revenge, greed and international drug deals that operate under a covert cloak of respectability. Calling in favours and using the best of his well-established contacts Jake starts to see beyond the brief. Partnered with his highly able colleague Vince Sharp and also seemingly 'landed' with agent Fiona Price, who has her own agenda that unfolds with every turn of this action-packed vel, Jake makes progress that unnerves even his stony-faced employers. The action bounds by land and sea, the length of the UK to the Balearics and Africa... Can the drug barons in Dorset force Jake's hand and how long will it take before the stench of blackmail and murder cloud every lead, leaving the ex-army intelligence officer wondering who he can trust within his undercover lair - if in fact anyone? This epic thriller sees the true colours the KGB, greed, the Sicilian Mafia, international drug cartels, the Bosnian conflict, duplicitous forgery and ultimately blackmail at the highest level!
- Author BiographyAuthor Andrew Towning's writing talents bear more than an uncanny resemblance to the characteristics of the area in which he lives! Thrilling, gripping and exciting assets that include; the treacherous coastline, the unpredictable weather conditions, the dramatic tides and stunning beaches! His style can also be compared to Dorset's infamous Sandbanks peninsula where so much of the action in his Jake Dillon series of thrillers is set: rich, intriguing and inspirational. Andrew has written four Jake Dillon novels. After over 200 rejections Andrew sealed a New York publisher in 2006. His novels now are widely available through Amazon and Waterstones on line and fans of the Dillon series eagerly await a publish date for the next Jake Dillon thriller! Andrew says of writing: I had aspired to write just one novel for many years but as I'm a business owner, husband and a father of two, time was limited to say the least! I spent two years researching and writing my first novel The Constantine Legacy and another 18 months sourcing a publisher! I have had four novels published (Dead Men Don't Bite, Shroud of Concealment and the Chimera Code complete the series to date) - I now have met my original contractual agreement - and now I have exciting plans for the next phase of my hero character, former Army Intelligence Officer, Jake Dillon's thrilling and unpredictable career! Andrew says of the successes his novels: The books see Jake travel internationally, with a constant theme through his links to Dorset, and to a lesser extent the Channel Islands. Those visiting and living in the area will recognise some of the more remarkable landmarks and countryside which I know bring my books even more to life! The mere existence of Jake Dillon is thrilling, his lack of respect for the 'establishment', bare fisted determination and underlying integrity in the face of adversity make for a gripping series of novels - if you've enjoyed Le Carre, Brown or MacNab - put Towning on your read list, his work is a cunning concoction of all three! Asked if he has subconsciously morphed any of his own characteristics through his pen to Dillon, Andrew modestly suggests that one asks his wife - however if his looks are to go by we bet they have more in common that he dares to let on! The Constantine Legacy, Dead Men Don't Bite, Shroud of Concealment and The Chimera Code are published by Andrew and are widely available on line. www.andrewtowning.co.uk
- Author(s)Andrew Towning
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.