The Contender: A Biography of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo by Michael Shnayerson (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $39.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of Andrew Cuomo's political life reads like a vel and for the first time that story will be told in THE CONTENDER. In many ways, Cuomo's rise, fall and rise again is an iconic narrative: the story of the young American politician of vaunting ambition, aiming for thing less than the presidency. Like many other politicians, Cuomo had to come back from seeming political death and reinvent himself. He did so, brilliantly, by running to become New York's attorney general and compiling a record of significant cases that focused on public corruption. He then ran for, and won, the goverrship in 2010, promising to clean up America's most dysfunctional legislature. In THE CONTENDER Shnayerson also digs deep into Cuomo remains one of the country's most potent and impressive political leaders, about whom pundits tend to agree that the White House is t a question of whether, but when. With Cuomo's reelection this November, everyone is going to be buzzing that he is a rising star for 2016. We are publishing to capitalise on this national interest at what will be kickoff of the next Presidential election.
- Author BiographyMichael Shnayerson became a contributing editor at Vanity Fair in 1986 and has since written more than 75 stories for the magazine, most recently reporting on the environmental hazards in the U.S. and investigating the likelihood of hacking into voting machines. He began his career in 1976 as a reporter at the Santa Fe Reporter and moved to Time as a staff writer in 1978. In 1980 he became editor in chief of Avenue. He has been a consulting editor at Conde Nast Traveler since its inception in 1987. Shnayerson is the author of Irwin Shaw: A Biograpghy and The Car That Could: The Inside Story of GM's Revolutionary Electric Vehicle, which was named one of the best business books of 1996 by BusinessWeek; and he is the co-author, with Mark J. Plotkin of The Killers Within: The Deadly Rise of Drug-Resistant Bacteria and co-author of Harry Belafonte's memoir My Song
- Author(s)Michael Shnayerson
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight782 g
- Width163 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine46 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.02Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $29.80Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.