All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together a team of leading international scholars, this is an accessibly one volume reference guide to the latest research and future directions in Existentialism. The Continuum Companion to Existentialism offers the definitive guide to a key area of modern European philosophy. The book covers all the fundamental questions asked by existentialism - areas that have continued to attract interest historically as well as topics that have emerged more recently as active areas of research. Eighteen specially commissioned essays from an international team of experts reveal where important work continues to be done in the area and, most valuably, the exciting new directions the field is taking. The Companion explores issues pertaining to the intersection between existentialism and ontology / metaphysics, politics, psychoanalysis, ethics, religion, aesthetics, sexuality, emotion, cognitive science and post structuralism, as well as including full coverage of the key existential thinkers. Featuring a series of indispensable research tools, including an A to Z of key terms and concepts, a chrology, a detailed list of resources and a fully antated bibliography, this is the essential reference tool for anyone working in existentialism or modern European philosophy more generally. The Continuum Companions series is a major series of single volume companions to key research fields in the humanities aimed at postgraduate students, scholars and libraries. Each companion offers a comprehensive reference resource giving an overview of key topics, research areas, new directions and a manageable guide to beginning or developing research in the field. A distinctive feature of the series is that each companion provides practical guidance on advanced study and research in the field, including research methods and subject-specific resources.
- Author BiographyFelicity Joseph teaches philosophy at the University of Melbourne, Australia. Ashley Woodward teaches philosophy at the University of Melbourne, Australia. Jack Reynolds is a Lecturer in Philosophy at La Trobe University, Australia.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- Series TitleContinuum Companions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byAshley Woodward,Dr. Jack Reynolds,Felicity Joseph
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.