All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe LUBILOSA (Lutte Biologique contre les Locustes et Sauteriaux) Programme was initiated in 1989 and has been successful in developing a bioinsecticide for the biological control of locusts and grasshoppers. The efficacy of the product named Green Muscle has been clearly demonstrated in Africa, and provides an environmentally friendly alternative to chemical insecticides. Although it predates the Convention on Biological Diversity, LUBILOSA has been conducted in accordance with the benefit sharing and related provision of the Convention. This book provides a review of the programme in order to demonstrate how such research and product commercialization can be accomplished in the context of a development assistance project. In particular it shows how the provisions of the Convention can be fulfilled with respect to: equitable sharing of research results and benefits; access to and transfer of techlogy; exchange of information; technical and scientific cooperation; participation in research; financial resources.
- Author(s)Cecile Lomer,David Dent
- PublisherCABI Publishing
- Date of Publication26/09/2001
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleBiopesticides S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Place of PublicationWallingford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCABI Publishing
- Weight113 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.