CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.95
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
About this product
- SynopsisContains delightful explorations of food and cooking, among which are the collection's namesake essay and many other gems; with black-and-white photographs and illustrations.
- AuthorElizabeth David
- Number Of Pages320 pages
- Edition DescriptionReprint
- SeriesThe Cook's Classic Library
- Publication Date1997-03-01
- PublisherGlobe Pequot Press, The
- Copyright Date1997
- Width6 In.
- Length9 In.
- LC Classification NumberTX631.D38 1997
- Dewey Decimal641.3
- Dewey Edition19
Table Of Content
- Table Of ContentAn Omelette and a Glass of Wine, a collection of articles originally written for The Spectator, Gourmet magazine, Vogue, and The (London) Sunday Times, among others, is the penultimate book by Elizabeth David. This revered classic volume contains delightful explorations of food and cooking, among which are the collection's namesake essay and other such gems as "Syllabubs and Fruit Fools," "Sweet Vegetables, Soft Wine," "Pleasing Cheeses," and "Whisky in the Kitchen." Her many admirers will cherish this new edition, and readers coming to know Ms. David for the first time will marvel at her wisdom and grace. (6 X 9, 320 pages, b&w photos, illustrations)
- Reviews"Savor her book in a comfortable chair, with a glass of sherry."--Bon Appetit
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.