All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing the fitness program designed by a physical therapist exclusively for women proven to increase strength, tone muscles and reduce aches and pains in just 15 minutes a day! Few women realize that most popular fitness regimens are designed for men. Yet women have their own unique fitness needs and using a program developed with men s bodies in mind is t only ineffective, but can actually result in injury. Rewned physical therapist Peggy Brill has devoted her life to developing an exercise program specifically for women. Based on her understanding of movement dynamics and body structure, these exercises focus on developing and balancing the muscles in the anatomical center of the body the core which includes the back, hip and abdominal muscles. Peggy s remarkable head-to-toe workout targets the hot spot areas neck, back, pelvis, hips, knees that cause problems for even the healthiest women. In just 15 minutes a day, The Core Program s easy-to-learn exercises will help women: Strengthen their bodies to achieve balance and alignment Eliminate everyday aches and pains Prevent bone loss Protect against osteoarthritis Improve sleep, digestion and circulation Enjoy better sex Feel energized all day long Overcome the effects of aging With inspirational case histories, detailed photographs illustrating each exercise and self-tests for rating balance, flexibility and strength, The Core Program is an owner s manual for the naturally strong, healthy body every woman should have. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyPeggy Wachterhauser Brill, P.T, . is a board-certified clinical specialist in orthopedic physical therapy. Her private practice, Brill Physical Therapy, is in midtown Manhattan, and she also maintains offices in the corporate headquarters of Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse First Boston. Her expertise is sought after by the Duke University men s basketball team, top executives all over the world, and leading physicians at the Hospital for Special Surgery and several other major medical centers. The author of The Core Program: 15 Minutes a Day That Can Change Your Life, Peggy lives in New York City with her husband and two daughters. Gerald Secor Couzens is a contributing writer for both the Johns Hopkins Health After 50 newsletter and the Hopkins White Papers medical series. He is also co-author of the national bestseller Thinner at Last.
- Author(s)Peggy W Brill,Susan Suffes
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width185 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.