All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of 'Freedom', a richly realistic and darkly hilarious masterpiece about a family breakdown in an age of easy fixes. After fifty years as a wife and mother, Enid Lambert is ready to have some fun. Unfortunately her husband, Alfred, is losing his sanity, and their children have long since fled for the catastrophes of their own lives. As Alfred's condition worsens and the Lamberts are forced to face their secrets and failures, Enid sets her heart on one last family Christmas. Bringing the old world of civic virtue and sexual inhibition into violent collision with the era of hands-off parenting, do-it-yourself mental healthcare and globalised greed, 'The Corrections' confirms Jonathan Franzen as one of the most brilliant interpreters of the American soul.
- Author BiographyJonathan Franzen won the National Book Award in 2001 for 'The Corrections'. He is the author of three other critically acclaimed novels, 'The Twenty-Seventh City', 'Strong Motion' and most recently 'Freedom', as well as two works of non-fiction: 'How to be Alone' and 'The Discomfort Zone'. He lives in New York City and Santa Cruz, California.
- Author(s)Jonathan Franzen
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/07/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight460 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.