All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn this influential 1925 essay, presented here in Spanish and English, Jose Vasconcelos predicted the coming of a new age, the Aesthetic Era, in which joy, love, fantasy, and creativity would prevail over the rationalism he saw as dominating the present age. In this new age, marriages would longer be dictated by necessity or convenience, but by love and beauty; ethnic obstacles, already in the process of being broken down, especially in Latin America, would disappear altogether, giving birth to a fully mixed race, a cosmic race, in which all the better qualities of each race would persist by the natural selection of love.
- Author BiographyJose Vasconcelos was born in Oaxaca, Mexico in 1882, to parents of European ancestry. Active in Mexican politics, he was exiled during the eras of Porfirio Diaz and Carranza, served as rector of the National University and as Minister of Education, and later ran unsuccessfully for president. He died in 1959.
- Author(s)Jose Vasconcelos
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication13/08/1997
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- Series TitleRace in the Americas
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Translated byDidier T. Jaen
- Introduction byJoseba Gabilondo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.