The Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge by Jeremy Narby (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.54+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhilst living amongst Peruvian Indians, anthropologist Jeremy Narby learned of their phemenal kwledge of plants and biochemical interactions, gained under the influence of the hallucigen ayahuasca. Despite his initial scepticism, Narby found himself engaged in an increasingly obsessive quest. He researched cutting-edge scholarship in subjects as diverse as molecular biology, shamanism, neurology and mythology, which led him inexorably to the conclusion that the Indians' claims were literally true: to a consciousness prepared with drugs, biochemical kwledge could indeed be transmitted, through DNA itself.
- Author BiographyJeremy Narby studied history at the University of Canterbury and received a Ph.D. in anthropology from Stanford University. For two years he lived with the Ashaninca Indians in the Peruvian Amazon, studying their methods of using the forest's resources. He lives in switzerland with his wife and children.
- Author(s)Jeremy Narby
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication07/10/1999
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content Noteb&w line drawings
- Weight276 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.