Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a horseman gallops into the courtyard of the Baron Fitzherbert's Mar House, Edwin and Guy, two very different brothers, are blissfully unaware that their lives are about to change forever. Called to accompany their father as he joins the crusade to France to help defeat the growing threat of religious heretics, Edwin and Guy find themselves on an extraordinary journey. It's a journey that involves a perilous sea crossing and months of marching. A test of strength and resolve that brings to the surface Guy's festering jealousy of his popular elder brother with increasingly dangerous consequences. Meanwhile, in the French village of Montloup, the beautiful Anne de Vere is among those who wait fearfully for the crusader onslaught. A twist of fate, a moment of unprecedented danger, leads to a chance encounter with the brothers and her enemies. There is escaping the bloody battle that follows, but who will survive and are they destined to stay enemies forever? Aimed at children aged 11 and over, The Couched Lance will appeal to readers who enjoy medieval and historical fiction. Set against a backdrop of bloody battles, the sibling rivalry adds a timeless element that all brothers and sisters will relate to.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1928, R. E. Norton has spent many years travelling around different continents, including living in India for six years as a young wife and mother, counting it as among her most memorable times. She achieved a degree in English Literature and History with the Open University, and regards reading, dogs and driving as lifelong passions.
- Author(s)R. E. Norton
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.