All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTimes have moved on, but t for Teddy Taylor, once one of the nation's top comedians. Teddy is plotting his way back to the top during a 1990's summer engagement in Great Yarmouth through a haze of booze, women and creditors. Facing declining audiences, The Teddy Taylor Show, with its dancers, beat-the clock and wet tee-shirt contests, and w eyebrow-raising jokes, is taking him ever further from where he sees as his rightful place. As the pressure builds and those around him, including Sylvia, his fourth (or is it fifth?) wife, try to keep him on the rails, Teddy spins further and further away from reality. And just who, Teddy wants to kw, is the young and heavily pregnant woman stalking him from the audience? 'The Count of Comedy' is a brilliant evocation of the British seaside milieu through the eyes of Teddy Taylor as he wanders through his, and the nation's, past and present.
- Author BiographyAnthony Frewin was an assistant to the film director Stanley Kubrick for nearly thirty years. He has written some twelve books, the latest of which was an annotated bibliography of books that could almost exist but don't, The Secret Library of George Armoulian (Ashgrove, 2012). He lives in London.
- Author(s)Anthony Frewin
- PublisherAshgrove Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication14/11/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgrove Publishing Ltd
- Width147 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.75Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $28.13Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $22.64Trending at AU $22.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.