All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCornerstone tells the story of the country shows that are held around various areas of North Yorkshire in a set of striking black and white images from documentary photographer Ian Forsyth. The project began in 2011 and over the following years he has captured personal images of the people who show their livestock or animals or who visit these rural events and who are all a fundamental part of the heritage of the countryside. Attending dozens of shows through the various summer seasons the photos explore the relationships between the livestock owners who attend and the care they have for their animals and the interaction with the many visitors who are drawn to them. Through his photographs, Ian discovered steadfast country traditions that intertwine with the modern ways of the countryside and which are kept alive by those who attend the shows. This book illustrates that the traditions of the countryside and its heritage are a spectacular asset that should be preserved for years to come.
- Author BiographyIan Forsyth is a freelance news and documentary photographer based in Saltburn-by-the-Sea on the north east coast of England. A passionate photographer for nearly twenty years Ian has worked as a professional photographer for the last ten as he continues to pursue his passion for documenting people, places and events.
- Author(s)Ian Forsyth
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note150
- Width246 mm
- Height168 mm
- Foreword byAmanda Owen
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.