All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1877, this book recounts the author's travels from Tripoli in present-day Libya to the city of Kairouan in modern Tunisia. Rae gives detailed descriptions of Tripoli, the plague, the Gulf of Syrte, Tunis, Sfax and the island of Djerba. There is also a chapter on Tripoli's Jewish quarter and its inhabitants. Of particular interest, however, is Rae's daring visit to the holy city of Kairouan (Kairwan). Rae was one of the earliest n-Muslims to visit and offers a stirring account of his reception and a detailed description of the city and its main buildings.
- Author BiographyEdward Rae (1847 1923) was a renowned explorer who, in addition to this book on North Africa, also wrote several books on his travels to Lapland and the Arctic. He is credited with introducing cricket to Lapland!
- Author(s)Edward Rae
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2009
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleFolios Archive Library
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Weight340 g
- Width120 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.