All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The Countryside Diary of a 21st Century Woman' presents a beautifully illustrated account of nature's cycle through the year observed through the author's eyes in and around her home town of Usk in the heart of the rural county of Monmouthshire in South Wales. The diary sprung to life originally as a blog kept by the author as a live narration of the year as it unfolded, featuring classic poems and the author's own full-colour artwork and photographs of the animals, flowers, and the changing landscape she observed through the seasons. This book is written from the perspective of a 21st century woman using modern media but is inspired and pays homage to the well-kwn 1906 country diary of Edith Holden. The author hopes that the end result will have some similarities, in capturing day by day, month by month the steady rhythm of nature through the year, recognising that although our 21st century lives are hectic, chaotic, isy and deafened by electronics, the beat of the natural world, which is the backdrop to all our lives, whether we tice it or t, remains ever the same. The book is a sedate, gentle and steady-paced journey through the year, observing the natural world. The way of life may have changed almost beyond recognition since 1906, but nature is doing what it always has done, the cycle of nature remains constant and reassuringly predictable. In that respect, thing has changed.
- Author BiographySamantha Burchell is an artist and writer from South Wales. Having studied at the Newport College of Art and Design, and obtaining a degree in English and Philosophy from Keele University, she is well-placed to author illustrated books. She currently lives in the medieval town of Usk, in the rural county of Monmouthshire, from which the surrounding nature and countryside has given her inspiration for her debut book The Countryside Diary of a 21st Century Woman in 2014.
- Author(s)Samantha Burchell
- PublisherBlackbarn Books
- Date of Publication29/08/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackbarn Books
- Content NoteColour
- Weight294 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.