All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionSublimely satisfying... I couldn't put it down. The Count's Last Mistress is a true standout in a sea of Regency and Victorian romances. - Jenny Q, Let Them Read Books An unforgettable, sexy tale of good intentions gone awry, deception, and unexpected passion between an aristocratic French cavalry officer and a free-spirited American painter in Paris... When her social conscience and avant-garde art trigger rumors of mental instability, New York heiress Jeanne Delancy flees to Paris to begin her life anew as an independent painter. But the political turmoil of 1871 leaves her with an abandoned child to protect and a tragic mystery to solve. Struggling and desperate, Jeanne is stunned to receive an absurdly lucrative commission from a handsome, aristocratic cavalry officer. The former wallflower has every reason to mistrust the arrogant, yet charming comte de Chaumenay, but she finds the offer difficult to refuse and her new patron even harder to resist. Consumed with remorse over his past, war hero Olivier Valencourt is certain the beguiling American beauty he discovers in a Montmartre hovel holds the key to his redemption. To convince her to reveal a truth only she can tell, he plots to win her confidence through patronage, patience, and his never-before-tested powers of persuasion. But it doesn't take long for the bohemian's unconventional wisdom and incent sensuality to obliterate his self-control and divert his agenda entirely. While the strong-willed opposites struggle to reconcile their deepest longings, dangerous alliances and scandalous secrets threaten a tragic repetition of history.
- Author BiographyOriginally from Pittsburgh, Bess Greenfield graduated from Cornell University and University of Pittsburgh School of Law. After a succession of jobs (cocktail waitress, receptionist, journalist, lawyer), she finally came to the realization that her true calling was writing historical romance. A lifelong fan of romance novels, she began compiling material by traveling extensively and independently in her early twenties. Looking back on her many narrow escapes from precarious situations, she marvels that she's still alive. But she has plenty of material. Now she saves her bold adventures for her heroines and hopes her three children will have more common sense. When she's not immersed in her imagination and history, she can often be found reading or hiking in one of Colorado's many mountains with her husband and the children (after some serious coaxing). Sometimes she even takes along her chocolate labrador, Houdini, who needs no coaxing at all.
- Author(s)Bess Greenfield
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.