The Courage to Take Command: Leadership Lessons from a Military Trailblazer by Jill Morgenthaler (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.22Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers powerful leadership lessons from a trailblazing female colonel in the U.S. army. When Jill Morgenthaler arrived at boot camp in 1975 as part of the inaugural class of women in the Army, she was one of 83 female cadets ...on a base of 50,000 men. So she kws a thing or two about conquering obstacles. In The Courage to Take Command, Colonel Morgenthaler provides invaluable leadership lessons drawn from her three decades of military service - from her first days in ROTC to combat in some of the world's most dangerous war zones. Ironically, the military taught her that leadership isn't about command and control. Rather, it requires a fine balance of reason and emotion, distance and familiarity, hard and soft power. You can learn how to lead your team to success by: being true to your vision - but being open to new ideas; tackling obstacles head-on - but using finesse to arrive at solutions; focusing on the mission - while protecting your people; projecting strong leadership presence - but serving every member of your team, especially the weakest and most vulnerable; Maintaining team spirit - but refusing to tolerate mediocrity; accepting and embracing your fears - but never letting them control you; always having a plan - but also trusting your gut; expressing a healthy self-confidence - with a side of humility. It took both a spine of steel and a smart sense of people for Morgenthaler to get where she did. Now she draws on the wisdom garnered from her experience to help you develop an authentic brand of leadership and succeedat all levels of any organization. The Courage to Take Command provides the strategies and tactics you need to follow through with your leadership vision, inspire your team, and execute your mission - even when the odds may seem overwhelming.
- Author BiographyCOLONEL JILL MORGENTHALER (ret.) served in the U.S. Army as the first female military intelligence commander in the DMZ in South Korea and Germany (West Berlin), the first female battalion commander in the 88th Division, and the first female brigade commander in the 84th Division. After five years on active duty, she served for 25 years in the Army Reserves, in combat zones that included Bosnia and Iraq, conducting military intelligence operations, psychological operations, humanitarian operations, and civil affairs. She is the recipient of two Humanitarian Service Medals, the Bronze Star, and the Legion of Merit. She is now a professional speaker.
- Author(s)Jill Morgenthaler
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight426 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.92
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.