The Cover-Up at Omaha Beach: D-Day, the US Rangers, and the Untold Story of Maisy Battery by Gary Sterne (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA New York Times bestseller! The untold story of what really happened on D-Day. The Rangers mission was clear. They were to lead the assault on Omaha Beach and break out inland. Simultaneously, other Ranger units would scale the cliffs at Pointe du Hoc to destroy the ostensibly huge gun battery there and thus protect the invasion fleet from being targeted. But was the Pointe du Hoc mission actually necessary? Why did the Allies plan and execute an attack on a gun battery that they knew in advance contained field guns? And more importantly, why did they igre the position at Maisy that did? Using personal interviews with the surviving Rangers who fought on the beach and at Pointe du Hoc, The Cover-Up at Omaha Beach presents exceptionally detailed new research that takes the reader into the middle of the action with the Rangers. Gary Sterne has made a painstaking study of what the Allies actually knew in advance of D-Day, including what was kwn about Maisy Battery. Maps, orders, and assault plans have been found in American, British, and German archives, many of which have only recently been released after staying classified for more than sixty years. Radio communications of the Rangers as they advanced inland have been found, and Royal Air Force intelligence evaluations of bombing missions directed at the site have w been released. All of this combines to make The Cover-Up at Omaha Beach one of the most up-to-date references on the subject. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in history--books about World War II, the Third Reich, Hitler and his henchmen, the JFK assassination, conspiracies, the American Civil War, the American Revolution, gladiators, Vikings, ancient Rome, medieval times, the old West, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyGary Sterne: Gary Sterne is a keen collector of military antiques and was a cofounder of the Armourer and Skirmish magazines. His research into the history of D-Day led to the finding of a map that indicated the position of an unknown German gun position buried in the village of Maisy. After buying the land and some years of struggling with the French authorities, he was able to open the huge site to the public. The rediscovery of the Maisy Battery made headline news around the world and has subsequently changed the history of the Omaha sector forever. He lives in Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester, England.
- Author(s)Gary Sterne
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byDon Mann
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.