All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe extraordinary happens everyday. One night, George Duncan is woken by a ise in his garden. Impossibly, a great white crane has tumbled to earth, shot through its wing by an arrow. Unexpectedly moved, George helps the bird, and from the moment he watches it fly away, his life is transformed. The next day, a beautiful woman called Kumiko walks into his shop and begins to tell him the most extraordinary story. Wise, romantic, magical and funny, The Crane Wife is a celebration of the disruptive and redemptive power of love.
- Author BiographyPatrick Ness is the author of seven novels and a short story collection. He has won the Carnegie Medal twice, the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize and the Costa Children's Book Award and has been shortlisted for the Waterstones UK Author of the Year category in the 2013 National Book Awards. In 2012, his bestselling novel A Monster Calls became the first ever to win both the Kate Greenaway and Carnegie Medals. His books are published in over twenty languages. Born in America, he lives in London.
- PrizesShortlisted for Galaxy National Book Awards: Waterstone's UK Author of the Year 2013.
- Author(s)Patrick Ness
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight220 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.