All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis tutorial takes photographers beyond the quick tips and gimmicky effects of many digital photography books. Author Katrin Eismann - an internationally acclaimed artist, bestselling author, and gifted educator - offers high-profile work, including her own, as examples for teaching photographers how to use the digital medium to create, edit, and output images that reflect their true vision. Co-authored by photographer and teacher Sean Duggan, The Creative Digital Darkroom translates skills, concepts, and menclature of the traditional darkroom into digital solutions for photographers who sense that, despite the newness of the techlogies at hand, there remains a timeless method for learning and practicing photography the right way. This is t a Photoshop book per se, but it does focus on the photographic aspects of Photoshop, something other books claim to do but rarely have the discipline to accomplish. The Creative Digital Darkroom includes: four sections that cover the black & white darkroom, the color darkroom, creative techniques, and production essentials; chapters that begin with a thorough foundation followed by numerous tutorial examples that apply the theory to real-world examples; examples and a layout that enables readers to find, understand, and apply the featured techniques quickly and easily; and, two-page portfolio spreads in each chapter that showcase the work of a leading artist or photographer, while highlighting the lessons outlined in the chapter.The authors are both rewned photographers and Photoshop experts. Clearly, The Creative Digital Darkroom is t your typical digital photography how to book. It's ideal for intermediate and advanced photographers, artists, and educators looking for clear, concise, insightful, and inspiring information and techniques on how to make their photographs shine. The language, and techniques will immediately appeal to serious students and professionals, and the original tutorial images and high-profile work will make the book an important visual resource for educators and art appreciators.
- Author BiographyKatrin Eismann is world-known for her talent as a Photoshop expert and photographer, but above all she's considered one of the best teachers her field has ever seen. This book uses the clear, concise tutorial approach that made her two previous Photoshop books bestsellers that take photographers beyond quick tips and gimmicky effects.Sean Duggan is a fine art photographer, educator and Adobe Certified Photoshop Expert with extensive experience in both the traditional and digital darkroom. Co-author of Real World Digital Photography and Photoshop Artistry , he has been helping photographers master Photoshop and digital darkroom technique through his workshops and classes for over 10 years.
- Author(s)Katrin Eismann,Sean Duggan
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication11/01/2008
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, figures
- Weight1188 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.