All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on the skills taught in the first three levels, The Creative Writer, Level Four: Becoming a Writer guides young writers from idea to polished short story or poem in a single volume. Becoming a Writer also walks students through the transition from study to practice, broadening the series' focus by discussing the writing life -- how to find and submit to literary journals, how to develop discipline, and how to persevere in the face of rejection. * Reviews and strengthens the writer's grasp on the five essentials of fiction: plot, character, dialogue, point of view, and setting. * Guides the writer into the effective, sophisticated use of the essentials of poetry: sound, rhythm, word choice, and structure. * All exercises build toward the production of mature, finished creative piece * Can be used as a complement to Writing With Skill or on its own.
- Author BiographyBoris Fishman holds an MFA in fiction from New York University, where he has taught fiction and poetry. His journalism has appeared in The New Yorker, the New York Times Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, the New Republic, the London Review of Books, and other publications.
- Author(s)Boris Fishman
- PublisherPeace Hill Press
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleThe Creative Writer
- Place of PublicationCharles City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeace Hill Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight560 g
- Width180 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.