All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
About this product
- DescriptionThe perfect gift for every cricket fan When was the first Ashes held? Who holds the highest individual Test runs score? And what exactly is a silly mid-off? Find the answer to all these and more inside The Cricket Pocket Bible, a pocket compendium of cricketing trivia and titbits about one of the world's most popular sports. Inside, debate the teams and the triumphs, defend the clubs and the competitions and discover how the quintessentially 'English' game of cricket became so popular in places as far afield as Australia, India and the West Indies. You'll also find practical information in The Cricket Pocket Bible - like the rules of playing cricket, how to kit yourself out in cricket gear, how to explain all the cricketing fielding positions and even how to bowl a googly. This pocket guide will take you through all the highlights of cricket, from the longest Test Match to the most unusual cricket match locations. Find out about memorable cricket World Cup moments, the history of the game, as well as the origin of the name and facts about famous cricket players from Brian Lara and Ian Botham to Freddie Flintoff and Kevin Pietersen. Inside The Cricket Pocket Bible you'll also find out about cricket etiquette, different forms of cricket around the world, how cricket has evolved with advances in techlogy and information on famous locations such as Lord's Cricket Ground - home to the world's oldest sporting museum. Whether you're a seasoned supporter like Mick Jagger or a recent cricket convert, The Cricket Pocket Bible is guaranteed to educate, enlighten and entertain every lover of the world-rewned game. So whether you're already an avid cricket fan or simply enjoy watching an afteron's cricket at The Oval, Trent Bridge or Edgbaston, if you want to get all the essential information about cricket - from cricket players and cricket grounds to umpires and cricketing records - sit back with The Cricket Pocket Bible today. It won't have you stumped. 'I tend to think that cricket is the greatest thing that God ever created on earth' Harold Pinter 'At its best, cricket is the most wonderful entertainment in the world' Michael Parkinson 'A cricketer's life is a life of splendid freedom, healthy effort, endless variety, and delightful good fellowship.' W.G. Grace 'It doesn't matter how pretty you look, it's how many runs you get' Steve Waugh This beautiful hardback edition has both dust-cover and gold embossing on the spine making it the perfect gift. Every Pocket Bible is lovingly crafted to give you a unique mix of useful references, handy tips and fascinating trivia that will enlighten and entertain you at every page. There is a Pocket Bible for everyone...Other titles in the series: The Rugby Pocket Bible, The Football pocket Bible, The Camping Pocket Bible, The DIY Pocket Bible and The Christmas Pocket Bible.
- Author BiographyGreg is an author, playwright and journalist. He has previously edited newspapers and magazines and worked as a columnist, reviewer and sports pundit.
- Author(s)Greg Vaughan
- PublisherCrimson Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPocket Bibles
- Width115 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.