All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGripping from the first page, this immense vel is an intoxicating and deeply satisfying read. Faber's most ambitious fictional creation yet, it is sure to affirm his position as one of the most talented and brilliant writers working in the UK. Sugar, an alluring, nineteen-year-old whore in the brothel of the terrifying Mrs Castaway, yearns for a better life. Her ascent through the strata of 1870's London society offers us intimacy with a host of loveable, maddening and superbly realised characters. At the heart of this paramic, multi-layered narrative is the compelling struggle of a young woman to lift her body and soul out of the gutter. The Crimson Petal and the White is a big, juicy, must-read of a vel that will delight, enthral, provoke and entertain young and old, male and female.
- Author BiographyMichel Faber's startlingly original novel, Under the Skin, which garnered accolades from around the world, was short-listed for the Whitbread First Novel Award 2000 and nominated for the Dublin Impac award 2002. His award-winning stories and novellas also attract a huge readership. He lives in the Scottish Highlands.
- Author(s)Michel Faber
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/06/2010
- Weight783 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.81
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.19
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.66
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.