All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook provides a clear and accessible introduction to the groundbreaking and interdisciplinary new field of critical development studies. Each short chapter is written by a well-kwn specialist and provides a succinct discussion of central issues in the field. It provides a critical perspective informed by a belief in the need for substantive change and for genuine, lasting progress in international development. This will be an important resource for all development scholars, teachers, students, researchers and activists who want to practice Development Studies with a critical edge.
- Author BiographyHenry Veltmeyer is Professor of Sociology and International Development Studies at Saint Mary's University, Nova Scotia, Canada and Adjunct Professor of Development Studies at Universidad Autonoma de Zacatecas, Mexico. He is the co-author of Social Movements and State Power (Pluto, 2005).
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2011
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight499 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byHenry Veltmeyer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.