All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe existence of Q (simply defined as the n-Markan material common to Matthew and Luke) as a document in the earliest churches was first hypothesized by C. H. Weisse in 1838. The existence, character, and significance of Q as a document from the earliest churches has further been developed since then by numerous scholars, including the two groundbreaking Fortress Press books by John S. Kloppenborg Verbin: The Formation of Q (1987) and Excavating Q (2000).
Q remains a subject of heated debate. The Q material consists mainly of sayings of Jesus, but begins with some sayings of John the Baptist. For the most part narratives are missing; most conspicuously of all is the Passion Narrative.
- Author(s)James McConkey Robinson,John S Kloppenborg,Paul Hoffmann
- PublisherAugsburg Fortress
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- LanguageGerman & French
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAugsburg Fortress
- Weight1769 g
- Width210 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine68 mm
- Edited byJames McConkey Robinson,John S Kloppenborg,Milton C. Moreland,Paul Hoffmann
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.