All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $16.20Free postage
- AU $18.06Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionGoing loopy over you latest crochet project? If you ever wished your local wool shop had a 24-hour hotline, then help is here in the form of The Crochet Answer Book ! Written in a handy Q&A format, this invaluable reference provides help and advice whenever and wherever a problem arises. The best way to get answers to your questions about crochet is to ask an experienced crocheter. In the past someone from an older generation was usually on hand to help the vice, but today lucky is the crocheter who has access to such a mentor at the moment she (or he) is needed! This book fills the place of that experienced crocheter so you can get answers to your questions quickly and get back to more important things - like your crochet! Written with all levels of crocheter in mind, the questions here range from those frequently asked by beginners to those only experienced crocheter would think to ask. The information is arranged into 11 chapters covering hooks and other tools, yarn, foundation chains, stitches, gauge, circular crochet, patterns, edges, finishing and embellishments. From selecting the right hook and yarn, to getting started in the round or flat, working around corners and venturing into more complex patterns, the answer is only ever a few pages away. Questions include: What size hook do I need? How do I handle an unwound hank of yarn? How do I fix a foundation chain that's too tight? What is a 'spike stitch'? How do I increase stitches within a row? How do I measure row gauge? What does it mean to work 'into the ring'? How do I find the end of the round? Why do my colour changes look messy? How do I make a 'picot edge'? How big should my buttonhole be? How do I block a doily? How do I work double-ended crochet? And many hundreds more...Practical advice and clear, detailed illustrations help you solve any crochet mystery, making this the one reference you'll turn to time and time again. As a gift for a crocheter or to untangle your own crochet conundrums - you will t be disappointed.
- Author BiographyEdie Eckman writes and designs for magazines and teaches knitting and crochet design classes throughout North America.
- Author(s)Edie Eckman
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication29/09/2006
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Content Note400 illustrations
- Width114 mm
- Height162 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.