All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the longbow is best kwn for its deployment during the Hundred Years' War, its origins lie with ancient Saxon seafighters and Welsh craftsmen, while today the bow is a vibrant part of the traditional archery scene.Through a remarkable command of primary sources and a judicious use of material evidence--including his own important collection of rare longbows--Hugh Soar establishes the deep connections of this bow to England,Scotland, and Wales and chronicles its use in warfare. In addition to the illustrated text, the book contains appendices detailing the history and design of bracers, tabs and tips, quivers, and arrowheads associated with the longbow.
- Author BiographyHugh D. H. Soar is a leading specialist on traditional archery, including the history, design, and use of the longbow. He is the author of Straight and True: A Select History of the Arrow, The Romance of Archery, and (with Mark Stretton and Joseph Gibbs) Secrets of the English War Bow.
- Author(s)Hugh D. H. Soar
- PublisherWestholme Publishing, U.S.
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationYardley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestholme Publishing, U.S.
- Content Note80 black & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.