All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe incredible bestselling memoir by Victoria Cross recipient Mark Donaldson A heartfelt work by a substantial man Herald Sun WINNER OF THE ABIA AWARD FOR BEST BIOGRAPHY 2014 On 2 September 2008, in eastern Afghanistan, Trooper Mark Donaldson made a split-second decision that would change his life. His display of extraordinary courage saw him awarded the Victoria Cross for Australia, making him the first Australian to receive our highest award for bravery since 1969. Yet Mark's journey to those crucial moments was almost as exceptional as the acts that led to his VC. He was rebellious even before the death of his father in his mid-teens. A few years later, his mother disappeared, presumed murdered. Mark's lifestyle could have easily led him further down the path of self-destructiveness and petty crime. But he took a different road: the army. It proved to be his salvation. He found himself a natural soldier, progressing to the SAS, the peak of the Australian military. PRAISE FOR THE CROSSROAD One of the most impressive memoirs published by a serving member of the Australian military Weekend Australian A mature and generous account, revealing of himself and Australia's longest war, still poorly understood at home Sydney Morning Herald The transformation from zero to hero that Donaldson describes...is testament to what can be achieved through sheer determination Weekend Australia
- Author BiographyMark Donaldson was awarded the Victoria Cross in 2009, the first Australian to receive this honour since 1969. He was also the Young Australian of the Year in 2010. He remains a serving member of the SAS and lives in Perth with his wife and children.
- PrizesWinner of ABIA Australian Biography of the Year 2014.
- Author(s)Mark Donaldson
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMacmillan Australia
- Weight674 g
- Width156 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- readingdaisydoo10 Mar, 2016by
A Helluva Brave Aussie.
An exceptionally easy to read book that doesn't pull any punches in the descriptions of what is happening. Sometimes sad, shocking, horrific and even funny on occasions in the Aussie way. Normally not a book I would read but the amount of people recommending it to me, gave way to not wanting to put it down.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16