All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the author's own vivid experiences, The Cruel Sea is the nail-biting story of the crew of HMS Compass Rose, a corvette assigned to protect convoys in World War Two. Darting back and forth across the icy North Atlantic, Compass Rose played a deadly cat and mouse game with packs of German U-boats lying in wait beneath the ocean waves. Packed with tension and vivid descriptions of agonizing U-boat hunts, this tale of the most bitter and chilling campaign of the war tells of ordinary, heroic men who had to face a brutal menace which would strike without warning from the deep ...
- Author BiographyNicholas Monsarrat was born in Liverpool in 1910. At the beginning of the war he joined the RNVR as a sub-lieutenant and attained the rank of Lieutenant-Commander. He died in August 1979 and his ashes were later scattered over the sea.
- Author(s)Nicholas Monsarrat
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin World War II Collection
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Notemaps
- Weight308 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.10Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.